Saturday, August 14, 2010

Where O' Where Has My Summer Gone?

Well my summer is officially over. I head back to work on Monday. Even though I still in a state of mourning, I take comfort in the fact that I had a terrific summer.

We had a fabulous vacation in Colorado and I was able to spend quality time with my family. I enjoyed spending time with Eliza during the day and being able to do cool stuff like going to weekly story time at the library. I also enjoyed having a little time to myself while Eliza went to daycare two days a week.

Now that my summer is over, I thought I would share some of the projects I accomplished this summer. Unfortunately I did not take "before" pictures - where was my head?

1. I painted the master bathroom.


I LOVE how spacious this bathroom is, however I was not loving the baby blue paint that the previous owner had selected. I think the new color looks great. (Just in case you are wondering, the paint is by Behr and it is called Safari Vest.)
2. I painted the T.V. cabinet in the family room.

This cabinet was previously a light colored wood that really didn't go with our decor. A couple of coats of sleek black paint (Beluga by Behr) and we are good to go.

3. I reupholstered Eliza's chair


This was my first and probably last attempt at reupholstering furniture. I bought this little chair for Eliza last summer and she loves it but I can not begin to describe how incredibly gross and stained this little chair had become.



4. I purchased and painted a side table



We had a empty space at the top of stairs/hallway and this little table works perfectly. I bought it at Goodwill for $10 dollars and spray painted Heritage Red. I love it!

5. I created a mini chalk board for the kitchen

I really wanted a little chalk board for my kitchen - not really sure why. I got inspired at Hobby Lobby when I found this framed mirror in the clearance pile for $2.00. I painted the frame with the left over paint form the table and painted the mirror with chalk board paint.

I had planned on doing a lot of blogging this summer but that didn't really happen - at least now you know why!

1 comment:

  1. Great projects! I think you're really brave for putting a chalkboard in the kitchen before Eliza can read. No telling what Stephen will write on it. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. . . . I really enjoy reading them.

A Peek Into Our World . . . . The Ordinary Happenings of our Extraordinary Family