Sunday, March 7, 2010

My Girl Likes to Party All the Time

Since we have a wedding to attend next weekend, we decided to have Eliza's birthday party this weekend. Eliza was in charge of picking the theme and a few friends to invite. Even though our house was full of very energetic and loud toddlers . . . I would say this party was a smashing success!


This banner was in the entry way as the party guests entered.



After attending a few other toddler birthdays, I learned that cupcakes are the way to go. Eliza was very excited about her chocolate cupcake, so the minute we finished singing I took her party dress off because I had a feeling she might do this. . . .





Eventually, we did persuade her to use her spoon.

Eliza was really excited to see all of her friends. Sitting at the table with Eliza is her BFF from school, Addison. Addison's birthday is just 3 days before Eliza's.
I was worried that Alex might feel left out because he was the only boy, but I don't think it bothered him a bit!
I think the cupcakes might have been everyone's favorite part . . . .while they were eating the house was strangely quiet!
I was so glad that my sweet friend Emily and her precious girls Greer and Harper (and baby Sloane, who never managed to get in a picture and did not get to have a cupcake) were able to come. Emily and I have been friends for many years and I am sad that we don't live closer, but we always have fun when we do get together.



After we loaded all the kids up on sugar it was time for presents and Eliza had a great time ripping off all the wrapping paper. Eliza loved all of her presents.



Eliza had a great party and we were so blessed to be able to celebrate it with so many of our friends and family.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the banner in the entryway. Was it hard to make? Can you even believe your baby girl is going to be 2? Everyone tells you it goes by so fast but it really really does.

    Looks like a great party! I want one of the cupcakes right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great party, good job,Mommy and Daddy.Grandaddy and I can't wait to see the birthday girl this weekend.
    Love,
    grammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy almost birthday, sweet Eliza!!! Love the party dress and how much fun she had. Norah sends big sloppy kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment!!! It's neat to meet new friends...especially a fellow Houstonian!!!

    Little Miss Eliza is PRECIOUS!!! What a blessing she is :)

    Please come back and enter my giveaway!

    Blessings,
    Lianna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. . . . I really enjoy reading them.

A Peek Into Our World . . . . The Ordinary Happenings of our Extraordinary Family