What is good about having a two year old?
1. She loves to give her Dad zurfuls at bedtime (blowing raspberries on your cheek )
2. She is becoming more and more independent . . . "Mama I do it myself!"
3. She will sit down and listen to a story. . . . .and she loves going to the library.
4. She is the funniest person I know - seriously, what a character!
5. Getting to talk with her - she always has plenty to say.
6. No more diapers! (we still do a pull-up for nap and over night).
7. She loves to sing while we are in the car. Lately her music of choice has been the Beatles.
8. She carries her dolls and animals around and hugs them close and sings to them :)
9. She wakes up in a good mood and can usually be heard on the monitor saying " Mommy! Come! I need to pee - pee!"
10. Her manners - she always says please and thank you .
11. Ponytails! She finally has hair!
12. Swimming - she loves to spend time in the pool and would stay in the water all day if we let her.
What is bad about having a two year old?
1. She hasn't quite figured out how to blow her own nose yet.
2. The I don't want to be in the shopping cart so I'm going to say I have to go potty game.
3. She's a finicky eater. One night she'll eat a ton of something and the next time she won't touch it. She hates vegetables and pretty much refuses to eat them.
4. She's getting to that I want to pick out my clothes and do everything for myself stage. Getting dressed in the morning is never a fast process any more.
5. The impending fear that she might have a potty accident in the car or in public (she hasn't yet though).
What is ugly about having a two year old?
1. The drama. There are occasions that require laying her head on the floor and screaming.
2. Princess is not good at sharing.
3. Hitting or throwing things because she is mad . . . .a few days ago poor Bob got hit in the head with her tea pot.
4. A demanding nature . . . . Many sentences begin with " I WANT . . . ."
5. The back seat of my car. It is like it has been sandblasted with animal cracker particles.
6. BM accidents- gross.
That sounds like living with John. Just kidding, not really at all like living with John except for he too is not a fan of vegetables. I find if I either fry them or melt cheese on them he is much more willing.
ReplyDeleteI never thought I would be 'that' mom, but I totally am... I am a veggie hider. At the beginning of the week I puree a head of cauliflower and a butternut squash and then mix either or both into any kind of sauce she has during the week (cauliflower is not detectable in cheese and squash disappears in red sauce). I have gotten a TON of use out of the book Deceptively Delicious and add veggies to any baked good, muffins, pancakes, etc. The only veggie N consistently likes is spinach and so I resort to those kinds of means to vary it up a bit for her.
ReplyDeleteI love the new pictures.Remember Mommy, two is just a warm up for THREE.
ReplyDeletegrammy