So welcome to another edition of "Show Us Where You Live Friday". Today's focus is living rooms/family rooms. We do have a formal living room as well as a family room but since we are not really formal living room people - the formal living became our formal dining room and the dining room became Eliza's play room. So with all of that being said . . . welcome to our family room.**Small disclaimer - we just moved in to our house on March 27th - so we still have PLENTY of empty wall space - but we are working on remedying that. Now I really do have good reason for going to Hobby Lobby EVERY Saturday. **
This is the view of the family room from our eating area. It is certainly not an over sized room but we have found it to be a very comfortable room and we do indeed spend a lot of time together in this room as a family.
The fire place is definitely my favorite aspect of the room. I can't wait to hang our stockings on that great mantle at Christmas.
This couch is from Steve's swinging single days and I have to admit that he did a GREAT job picking it out. It is without a doubt THE most comfortable couch I have ever been on.

The cowboy on the side table was a gift from my Grandfather from his collection. I really like how it looks there but I am not sure that will be his permanent home. Now that Eliza is walking (sort of) - no decorative accessory is safe. One of our picture frames has already met a tragic end. I would be heartbroken if the cowboy got broken. I am sure we will find a good home for him somewhere in our home.

This is the view from the couch. I LOVE looking at our backyard and I really like the plantation shutters in this room. You can see, like many of you, we too have a baby swing in our family room. I am sure this would make every HGTV designer cringe but when you have kids you do what you have to do and the Little Missy likes her swing.

I hope you have enjoyed this peek of our family room. If you haven't done so already, be sure to check out Kelly's living room. It is a lovely room.
The cowboy on the side table was a gift from my Grandfather from his collection. I really like how it looks there but I am not sure that will be his permanent home. Now that Eliza is walking (sort of) - no decorative accessory is safe. One of our picture frames has already met a tragic end. I would be heartbroken if the cowboy got broken. I am sure we will find a good home for him somewhere in our home.
This is the view from the couch. I LOVE looking at our backyard and I really like the plantation shutters in this room. You can see, like many of you, we too have a baby swing in our family room. I am sure this would make every HGTV designer cringe but when you have kids you do what you have to do and the Little Missy likes her swing.
I hope you have enjoyed this peek of our family room. If you haven't done so already, be sure to check out Kelly's living room. It is a lovely room.
Love your plantation shutters, I wanted them in my house, but I don't have them yet.....maybe one day!
ReplyDeleteYour living room is looking very pretty and classy. =)
ReplyDeleteCute cute living room!! Love the colors!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the cowboy and your lovely shutters!
ReplyDeleteSweet room! It looks really spacious and perfect for Speed Racer. I love the cowboy, it's a really nice touch :)
ReplyDeleteNice room. I love the shutters on the window. Those HGTV designers never think about the reality of most rooms.
ReplyDeleteYou have a very nice home and I love the view of the back yard too! That baby sure is a keeper and so what about the toys out...you see I have some too for my grand babies!
ReplyDeleteHAPPY MOTHERS DAY!
Connie
Great room! Love love love the plantation shutters. They were my first choice, but I went with the bamboo shades for budget reasons:-)
ReplyDeleteLove your fireplace too! Love the plantation shutters! That's the only "curtains" I have in my house too!
ReplyDeleteYou have a darling little girl!
Blessings to you all!
Kelly's Mom
love the plantation shutters!
ReplyDeleteNice. I like your fireplace too.
ReplyDeleteVery nice space! I love the fireplace & shutters! The cowboy is such a lovely personal touch!
ReplyDeleteOoohh!!! Awww!! I love your walls!! :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful room! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete