Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back in Action

I know it has been quite awhile since I blogged and as you might remember from my last post, our camera never made it home from our trip to El Paso. I was heartbroken and just sick. Since I couldn't post pictures, I really started to slack on keeping up with my blog. However, my sweet sweet husband surprised me with a new PINK camera and I can't wait to put it to good use. August has been a super busy month for us, but I think things are calming down enough for me to jump back on the blogging bandwagon.

Here are a few high lights to catch you up on what you missed . . . . . . .
  • Eliza started back to daycare. The first couple of mornings were a bit tough but I think she has her groove back. Yesterday she looked at me and said " Bye - bye Mommy" - as if to say "I am ready to play with my friends - so you need to leave now."

  • I was finally able to get our dining room and living room (AKA Eliza's playroom) painted. Our rooms are no longer an ugly powder blue but rather a lovely calming green (creamy cilantro).

  • I started my new job. I was lucky enough to be hired by a great school in a great school district and I love that I am now closer to home (no more hour and a half commute). My new coworkers have been very kind and helpful but I still miss my old school.

  • Eliza and her dad have been spending a lot of time in the pool. She seems very comfortable in the water and loves hanging out in the pool almost as much as her dad does.

  • Eliza's vocabulary is expanding every day. Some of her new words are blanket, shoes, house, light and MOMMY! Yes - she finally says Mommy. I was beginning to think that she was going to call me Daddy for the rest of her life.

  • Eliza is now MoMo (pacifier) free. We didn't go completely cold turkey - we do still let her have it at bedtime

  • I have finally decided to let Eliza sleep with a pillow. I know . . . I know . . . . it would have been fine long ago to give her a pillow but after reading every baby book known to man - I guess I just got a little paranoid. Needless to say she LOVES her pillow.



4 comments:

  1. Literally, that picture could not be any cuter. I have often thought about getting Norah a pillow (I think she would love it), but who am I kidding, I won't even let her sleep with a blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Welcome back. I actually put a pillow on each end of Spencer's crib so when he moves around he can always find one. He sleeps much better with a pillow. Creamy cilantro paint sounds beautiful and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie pie! I can hardly wait to see her(and her Mommy and Daddy) next week.I hope none of her friends at daycare decide to have a tasting party.
    grammy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. . . . I really enjoy reading them.

A Peek Into Our World . . . . The Ordinary Happenings of our Extraordinary Family