We had a short list of names (Kaylee, Peyton and Ellie) but no one name had emerged as a front runner. At one point I suggested Audrey, even though Stephen vetoed the name, Audrey is what eventually led us to Eliza. When Stephen asked why I had suggested Audrey, I explained that as a little girl, one of my favorite movies was My Fair Lady with Audrey Hepburn. He immediately responded with, "How about Eliza?" And thus the rest is history.
Eliza's middle name is Mackenzie and there is really no story behind how we picked it. I had always liked that name, I thought it went well with Eliza and when I suggested it to Stephen, he liked it too.
If Eliza had been a boy her name would have been Charles Anthony (which is still our boy name just in case Eliza gets a little brother). We decided on this name so quickly and easily. Charles is Stephen's middle name as well as his father's name and Anthony was my father's first name.
If ever have another girl, I think we might have a hard time coming up with another name that we both like.
Eliza is such a great a beautiful name!
ReplyDelete