Thursday, June 11, 2009

Mommy Books and Baby Books

On Tuesday, Eliza and I made our first trip to our (new) neighborhood public library for story time. I was a little worried about Eliza's behavior, as we have had a rough couple of days,but luckily I wrong. She did great and she seemed to really enjoy being around all of the kids. This week's theme was animals and the stories were actually very cute. We both enjoyed Shamoo: A Whale of a Cow.

After story time we strolled around the children's section, which was quite impressive, not to mention hopping with excitement. There were kids everywhere - most of whom appeared to very engaged in their books. It made this English teacher's heart happy to see so many kids excited about books. While we strolled around we found three books for Eliza and she is now the proud owner of a Harris County Public Library Card.

While we were there, I also checked out two books for myself: Dare to Discipline and Toddler 911. As I mentioned earlier, we had a tough week, last week and I was in dire need of some reinforcements.

We both have great reading material and we will definitely return next week for another edition of story time.



These pictures were taken this morning after breakfast . . . girlfriend loves her books and yes I know she has her MoMo in her mouth. We have dropped out of MoMo rehab . . . .did I mention that last week was a tough one?



1 comment:

  1. Shamoo...a whale of a cow. That may be my new favorite book title.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. . . . I really enjoy reading them.

A Peek Into Our World . . . . The Ordinary Happenings of our Extraordinary Family