Saturday, August 6, 2011

Repurposed and Fabulous

Awhile back, Eliza's grandma gave her a TV/VCR combo set so she could watch videos in her room. Her cousin Jacob also gave her his old video collection. It had everything from Disney movies to Barney to Batman cartoons. What more could a girl want!



Eliza loves watching movies in her room and I love that now she has a place to watch movies when we are upstairs. However it became pretty clear that the TV needed a sturdy place to sit and storage was need to house all of bazillions of videos. I decided to repaint and repurpose an old chest that once belonged to my grandmother and was currently sitting in my room gathering dust. I had once used it as an entertainment unit when I first moved out on my own, so I knew it was sturdy enough to hold a TV.




Here is the finished product!




Unfortunately the before picture somehow was deleted from my camera before I had a chance to upload it to my computer. Bummer. Originally the chest was stained a light honey color with shiny gold hardware. I had contemplated painting it pink but decided that she had enough pink in the room and went with a color called "rapids". I replaced the hardware with simple white pulls and I love the way it turned out.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer about the before picture being deleted. Your description is spot on though. I love the after. Eliza will be able to use it for many, many years.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. . . . I really enjoy reading them.

A Peek Into Our World . . . . The Ordinary Happenings of our Extraordinary Family