Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Day in the Life

One of the reasons I started this blog was for Eliza. I wanted to create something that she could look back on when she is older and remember all the goings on in our lives. I have recently noticed that I tend to blog about the big stuff . . . holidays, birthdays , parties, etc. but I don't always include the day to day activities. I know that the day to day stuff can be mundane and not exciting to read about but I don't want to forget it.


I have decided to participate in a year long project that involves taking a picture each day and journaling about it. I realize that it is not realistic for me to think that I can blog everyday, but I know I can take a picture everyday. At the end of each week I will post the photos on our blog. I hope to perhaps create a hard copy as well but we will just have to see how things go.



Project Life
Week 1
January 1 - January 7, 2011


January 1, 2011: Our year began with a yummy donut breakfast. Eliza had her usual - pink icing with sprinkles.
January 2, 2011: Eliza has begun to ask for "privacy please" when she uses the rest room. This what I found when I stepped back in.


January 3, 2011: A few hugs for Bob.

January 4, 2011: Eliza jams to the songs on her new Ipod before heading off to bed.
January 5, 2011: Bob and Eliza catch a few more zzzzz's in our bed.

January 6, 2011: Stephen and I spent our afternoon dealing with his flat tire.

January 7, 2011: Eliza is dancing with her new friends, "The Fresh Beat Band".

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a daily photo.
    Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with this idea. I've already blown it for 2011 though cause I know I didn't take a picture every day last week.

    I'm so looking forward to watching you do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is the potty picture. You knew it would be.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. . . . I really enjoy reading them.

A Peek Into Our World . . . . The Ordinary Happenings of our Extraordinary Family