Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Eliza had a great time today cuddling with two of her favorite guys . . . . her Daddy and her Grandpa. She loved the time she spent in the pool with her Dad and she and Grandpa had a ball playing with her school bus and her schoolhouse. She also helped me prepare a great lunch for her guys.





This is my 11th Father's Day without my Dad. For the majority of those 11 years, I have done my very best to ignore the day with the ostrich approach of burying my head in the proverbial sand until the day passes. I miss my Dad everyday, but days like today make my heart ache in a whole different way. Days like today really hit home because I feel so very sad that my Dad never had a chance to meet Stephen and Eliza and that they never had the opportunity to know him.


I know without a doubt that it would have been a love fest all around. My Dad would have loved these two as much as I do. He would have been impressed with what a genuinely kind, funny, generous and loving father and husband Stephen is. He would have been charmed, enthralled and entertained by Eliza, and I have no doubt that she would have adored him as well. I have so many stories that I can't wait to tell her as she grows up.


Even though, a day like today brings a flood of tears with it, I feel so blessed and humbled to have been raised and loved by a man like my Dad. I feel doubly blessed that my daughter has a father who loves her unconditionally and will continue to raise her with honor and integrity.


Happy Father's Day Dad.

4 comments:

  1. Your dad would have made the best grandpa, hands down. I have lots of stories for Eliza too. She's gonna love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad would have definitely loved your family and would be so happy for how you're living your life. I miss him too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll always remember how kind and loving your Dad was to your Mom, you guys, and to my sisters and I. He was an amazing man and role model. Eliza has lots of stories coming her way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best story we can tell Eliza about Dad is that he knew the true meaning of life ,to love and be loved.I miss him too.
    mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. . . . I really enjoy reading them.

A Peek Into Our World . . . . The Ordinary Happenings of our Extraordinary Family