Stephen and I are both lovers of books and reading, so we began reading to Eliza when she was just an itty-bitty. In the beginning, I am not really sure how much she enjoyed books but she would indulge us and let us read to her. However recently that has all changed.
Eliza is IN LOVE with all of her books. Reading time has become her FAVORITE (and ours too) part of her bedtime routine.
You can see hear how excited she gets during book time. She will let me read to her, but I know she prefers to have her Dad read to her because he does all of the cool voices!
Even though she has baskets and baskets full of books - she does have her favorites. Right now her go to books are dinosaur and motumus (hippopotamus).
She knows these books by heart and loves to "read" along with us. I hope that she will always be excited about books.


I predict Eliza will be reading novels in just a few weeks.
ReplyDeleteIt is so fun to read your blog because everything that Eliza does or enjoys is like Spencer 6 months ago. I remember really loving bed time/story time right before he turned 2 also.
ReplyDeleteEliza will be a life long learner ,just like her parents.She loves books because you do .Good job Mommy and Daddy.
ReplyDeleteGrammy
Our daughter really likes "How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food?" We thought it was pretty funny, too.
ReplyDelete