Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Trip to Grammy's House

After Eliza finished opening her gifts from Santa, we packed up the car and headed to Grammy's house in the hill country.

Eliza is always happy to see her Grammy and Granddaddy, but she was SUPER excited to see Aunt Maryellen and Uncle John.

We had so much fun last year at the Walk of Lights, we decided that it should become a yearly tradition and this year we got to take Aunt Mare with us.

It was a really cold night, but the lights were beautiful and Eliza was in awe. We had a great time and Aunt Mare made a few comments that had me laughing so hard I was crying. (I can't tell you the story because it is NOT a family friendly story, but next time you see Mare be sure to ask her about Santa and his favorite reindeer!)






We spent most of the time just hanging out and enjoying our time together. We were so glad that Mare and John were able to spend some of their holiday with us.



3 comments:

  1. I miss you guys. I also really miss walking into a room and hearing Eliza say,"Hi Mare."

    The walk of lights people really need to re-think that Santa/reindeer display. It's naughty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine what the story was.... great pictures, especially the last one with Aunt Mare. E looks like such a big girl with her bangs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We looked at these pictures at Mare's house but I didn't comment.I too miss all of you and we need to start planning our next visit.
    Love,
    Grammy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. . . . I really enjoy reading them.

A Peek Into Our World . . . . The Ordinary Happenings of our Extraordinary Family