Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Chritmas Eve

Although we didn't have a "white Christmas" in our part of Texas, it was EXTREMELY cold that night. The temperature was in the 30's, but Eliza still insisted on wearing her sunglasses as we headed off to church.

We went to Christmas Eve services with Steve's family. The nursery wasn't open, so I was a little worried about how Eliza would behave. Needless to say, I worried for nothing. She did great. Even though I would like to attribute her stellar behavior to our superior parenting skills, I really think it had more to do with the fact that we let her have her pacifier and Steve kept slipping her "loop loops" (aka Fruit Loops).

We took a few pictures before diving into the food and presents.

I think both Eliza and Jacob were tired of having their picture taken by this point.



Here is our Christmas 2009 family photo. Anyone who has ever attempted to take pictures with a toddler knows that capturing a good shot is no easy feat - so I was pretty happy with this shot. I am also beginning to notice that most of our family photos seem to include a fourth party . . . . Albert the Monkey.



I LOVE this picture of Stephen and I . . . but I just wish Eliza didn't have her hand in her mouth.


We had a great time on Christmas Eve and Eliza came home with many wonderful gifts. She is in love with the beautiful Madame Alexander doll that her Grandma and Grandpa gave her. The Alphabet Elmo that her Aunt Kristen, Uncle Richard and Jacob gave her is definitely a favorite. I think that we have sung the ABC's with Elmo at least a hundred times!

3 comments:

  1. Eliza looks pretty calm to me. Do you have any of the wound up pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are both GREAT family photos! I won't tell Albert you totally just dissed him... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least Albert the monkey can't move. I have to try to take family pitures with the toddler and the beagle. Talk about impossible.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. . . . I really enjoy reading them.

A Peek Into Our World . . . . The Ordinary Happenings of our Extraordinary Family